Important Features of CATS
The CATS software system serves Brokers, Traders, Importers, Exporters and businesses that buy and sell physical commodities. CATS lets the various departments focus on their responsibilities, providing functionality to streamline your business and increase productivity.
- Traders use CATS to handle physical contracts, price-fixing and hedging, product valuation, and position reporting. The comprehensive futures module handles buying and selling of exchange contracts for overall position reporting.
- Accounting benefits from CATS' flexibility in handling multiple products, divisions and departments. Estimating contract costs, anticipating vendor charges and managing vendor payments. Your physical position and accounting ledgers are explicitly linked, ensuring that everyone is in sync.
- Logistics uses CATS as a complete system for managing traffic and inventory tracking responsibilities. Generate and store traffic documents. Track inventory down to the pound. Material processing and re-bagging. Manage received and sent samples.
- Financing uses CATS to generate inventory reports for your borrowing base and manage cash flow.
- Custom reporting gives all users quick and clear access to exactly the information they need. Design your reports to meet your business needs.
CATS is a platform developed over 30 years to satisfy the needs of commodity trading companies. Its robust feature list was designed hand-in-hand with experts in the commodity business to ensure comprehensive coverage of the day-to-day and month-to-month needs of our customers.
As the world changes, it's important that your business is not constrained by outdated software. New Data Systems is constantly working to add new features and capabilities to our software.